MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE. SPACING IS LIMITED.
Handicrafts series March 11 12 13 14 tues-fri 12:30-4pm $75
11th) hand sewing/sock monkey making
12th) Fiber arts- spinning/weaving/natural dyes/carding/felting
13th) rag rugs/crocheting
14th) homemade paper
April 12th lye soap making and natural body products $20 per person
Outdoor Homesteading weekend May 9,10,11 and July 25 26 27 $50
1) tallow rendering/medicinal healing salves/candle dipping/lye soap making/beef jerky
2) organic gardening/wild edibles & medicinals/animal husbandry/rabbit or chicken slaughtering
Food preservation series July Mon 17 & 24 12:30-4pm $40
17th)fermentation-soy sauce/wine/sauerkraut/beef jerky/root cellaring/winter gardens/rendering tallow/dehydration
Farm Skills weekend June 6,7,8 and Aug 1 2 3 $75
1) soap making & natural body products- healing salve, chapstick, laundry soap, lye soap, toothpaste, hair rinse, etc.
2) cheese making- make mozzarella and chevre, farm fresh butter, ice cream and talk about pasteurization/homoginization.
3) homesteading-wild edibles/medicinals ,rendering tallow,candle dipping, organic gardening, sauerkraut making
Little Homesteader’s weekend June 20, 21, 22 & Sep 12, 13, 14 $45
1) Farm food class- learn about all the food a farm produces. feed the animals, milk our cow, shell and grind some corn, help in the gardens, make some farm fresh butter and ice cream
2) all-natural candy making- molasses taffy pulling, honey caramel apples, maple syrup candy etc.
3) sock monkey making- bring a pair of socks and turn them into a friend!